School District of Palm Beach County Choice Programs
What are Choice Programs?
Families with students entering Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 have the opportunity to choose from an array of theme-based curricula offerings at the elementary, middle, and high school levels that provide innovative and rigorous academic instruction by specially trained teachers. These programs provide students with a pathway to post-secondary educations and career options.
Tips for Making an Informed Choice
Palm Beach County has than 200 Pre-K, Elementary, Middle and High School Choice programs available for you to choose from. Learn more about which program is right for your child by clicking on the choice program you wish to learn more about. The Department of Choice and Career Options also offers guidance and support to help you find the right program for you. Here are just a few ideas:
Ask yourself these questions. The answers will help you get a clearer idea of the programs that may be right for you.
- What are your talents and abilities?
- What activities do you like?
- What careers are you interested in?
Know Your SupportsThe Department of Choice and Career Options offers support throughout the Choice process. You should:
- Visit the Annual Showcase of Schools held every October
- Visit the school’s Open House to learn more about the program
- Talk with the Choice coordinator at the school
- E-mail the Department of Choice and Career Options at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Department of Choice and Career Options at 561-434-8755
Narrow Your Choices
Think about the programs that interest you the most. How do they compare with the respect to:
- How well they meet your interests and will help you reach your goals
- Distance from home, travel time and transportation needs
Make Your Decision
Select the 2 programs that you would most like to attend and put them in order. (Choice #1 is your most desired program of choice)
Starting November 1, 2016, you may start applying for a Choice program.
Friday, December 2, 2016: Deadline for all audition based Arts programs including:Bak Middle School of the Arts (all programs), The Conservatory School @ North Palm Beach (Symphony Orchestra-grades 6-8), Boynton Beach High School Arts programs (Dance, Digital Media, Music-Band, Music-Keyboard/Piano, Music-Vocal, Theatre, and Visual Arts, and A.W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts (all programs).
Friday, January 27, 2017: Deadline for all Choice programs other than the Arts programs listed above.